About Me
12:09
Saturday, October 18, 2008

I am Zhiyi, a 23 year old Honors Year Undergraduate studying Applied Mathematics with concentrations in Financial Mathematics and Operations Research in the National University of Singapore. Having a strong interest in Finance led me to join various clubs like the NUS Interactive Investments Hedge Fund and Finance Club and pursue an Honors Thesis in Japanese banking inefficiency.

I indulge in various sports like swimming, running, scuba-diving, playing squash and wake-boarding. In particular, I swim, run and play squash with my friends and brothers on a weekly basis. I am proficient in English and Mandarin and have basic knowledge of Japanese, having taken it as a third language in secondary school.

Prior to entering NUS, I formulated manpower deployment decisions to high-ranking commanders during high-pressure military exercises as a Human Resource Executive in the Ministry of Defense Naval Personnel Department. Besides that, I was also a Platoon Leader in the Republic of Singapore Navy Diving Unit. I was trained to lead the platoon in typical reconnaissance scenarios, plan for contingencies and deal with unexpected problems. These experiences have molded my character and made me who I am today.


Zhiyi
We can work things out.